Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake

Picture 603

Pretty soon we'll all be scrambling around looking for that perfect pumpkin recipe for our holiday dinner. Well I just found mine!!   To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


This cake is wonderful, it's moist...it should be it has 1 cup of sour cream in it, it has a crumb topping .....not on the outside but on the inside, that is a very nice touch to the cake. This cake has a mild pumpkin flavor that everyone will love. There's a little glaze that goes on top of this that it really doesn't need because it's so good it can stand on it's own , but I put it on anyway. I added a tsp of pumpkin pie spice to the crumb topping and one tsp to the cake batter as well to give it a warm spice flavor. I also made this in a tube pan instead of a bundt pan, it came out of the pan beautifully. After I tasted the cake batter I couldn't wait for this to be done , I knew it was gonna be a keeper. Come on holidays....I'm ready for you!!


Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake
RecipeZaar


Ingredients
streusel
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
4 large eggs
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
8 ounces sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
glaze
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice or milk (up to 3)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350°F.

Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
FOR STREUSEL:

COMBINE brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice in small bowl.

4Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly, fold in nuts.

FOR BATTER:

COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.

Beat granulated sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Add pumpkin, sour cream and vanilla extract; mix well.

Gradually beat in flour mixture.

TO ASSEMBLE:

SPOON half of batter into prepared pan.

Sprinkle Streusel over batter, not allowing Streusel to touch sides of pan.

Top with remaining batter.

Make sure batter layer touches edges of pan.

BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.

Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.

Invert onto wire rack to cool completely.

Drizzle with Glaze and sprinkle with nuts.

FOR GLAZE:

COMBINE 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice or milk in small bowl; stir until smooth.

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I love pumpkin pie, bread, cake....this looks fabulous!

amandalouden said...

I was just thinking about pumpkin cake yesterday. I love this recipe, I might actually attempt baking for this one!

I will have to wait until is less than 85 degree's here in Northern CAlifornia. Still too warm for me to think about baking.

grace said...

pumpkin is popping up everywhere! awesome cake, bunny, as usual. :)

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, I have made this cake before Bunny. It's fabulous!!! Great choice!

Lo said...

Sour cream & cake -- always a great combination. And I can't think of anything that announces fall more brilliantly than a nice pumpkin something-or-other.

*drool*

Anonymous said...

Send me a piece! I love it! Pumpkin anything is the best!

giz said...

Yup, just gained another few pounds just looking. I have a big weakness for pumpkin so methinks it won't be long before this one gets made. It does look fantastic