Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Strawberry Cupcakes




I have to apologize here, I don't know where I got the recipe for these cupcakes. I have tried to find the source but can't so if anybody knows I will be happy to edit the post and give credit where credit is due. These are fantastic cupcakes.  To Read More, Click On The Recipe Title.


 a little bit of work, but well worth the effort! I did make an adaption only because I was out of unsalted butter, I used regular butter for these, the salt amount was so low that I didn't change it. I also made these in jumbo muffin pans, I got 12 cupcakes instead of 18. The next time I make these, I will omit the 1/2 stick of butter in the frosting (it called for 1 1/2 sticks ) and add more powdered sugar, the frosting was very loose, I think it needed to be a tad firmer. I made my own cake flour for the recipe, the cake part of the cupcake was so soft!! I will post the recipe for the cake flour as well.


Strawberry Cupcakes
Yield: about 18 cupcakes

Ingredients:
For the cupcakes:
2 ½ cups cake flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
¼ cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chopped strawberries

For the frosting:
½ c. strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
½ tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.

Sift flour, salt and baking soda into a medium bowl. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in chopped strawberries. Fill cupcake wells ¾ full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

For the frosting, puree strawberries in food processor. Strain through a mesh sieve to remove seeds, and set aside. Beat the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add lemon juice, vanilla and strawberry puree. Adjust the amount of puree to achieve your desired consistency. Frost cupcakes when completely cool

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

They're so pretty!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! These strawberry cupcakes look delicious!